Symetra has an exciting opportunity to join our team a Treasury Analyst!
About the role
As an Associate Treasury Analyst you’re responsible for performing routine treasury operations tasks in accordance with defined procedures, which may include: daily reporting, payment processing, fraud control reviews (e.g. positive pay and ACH debit decisioning), Treasury Management System file import review, bank forms and administration, shared in-box monitoring, audit support gathering and other tasks at the direction of team seniors and leaders.
- Provide daily reporting to business partners
- Review Treasury Management System file imports
- Process payments (e.g. wires, ACH, tax payments)
- Review and resolve fraud control items (e.g. positive pay and ACH debit filter exceptions)
- Review and address TREOPS inbox correspondence. Respond or re-direct accordingly
- Bank administration forms
- Information tracking & updates (e.g. bank accounts, bank contacts, ACH filters, etc.)
- Special projects or research
- Process improvements
- Procedures documentation & updates
What we offer you
“If you want to invest in yourself and build a career, this is a great place to work. If you don’t want to put in the effort to learn the industry and become a student of the business (it takes real effort!), there are easier places to work.”
Cris H. – AVP Internal Sales, Training and Development
“Symetra is inclusive of all employees regardless of their personal differences.”
Darrell J. – Actuary III
“Symetra values learning. Symetra has so many resources – whether that is the Student of the Business courses, sponsorship of professional certifications, or just individual employees being so willing to teach and answer questions.”
Felicia D. – Financial Reporting Lead Senior Analyst
Benefits and Perks
We don’t take a “one-size-fits-all” approach when it comes to our employees. Our programs are designed to make your life better both at work and at home.
- Flexible full-time or hybrid telecommuting arrangements
- Plan for your future with our 401(k) plan and take advantage of immediate vesting and company matching up to 6%
- Paid time away including vacation and sick time, flex days and ten paid holidays
- Give back to your community and double your impact through our company matching
- Want more details? Check out our Symetra Benefits Overview
Salary Range: $53,900 – $89,900 plus eligibility for annual bonus program
Your education, experience and skills
- Ability to follow procedures.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Deadline driven – able to manage tasks and meet deadlines.
- Good time management.
- Self motivated.
- Process improvement obsessed.
- Ability to interact effectively and build relationships with various levels of management, staff and external vendors.
- Ability to work independently based on guidance provided by his/her manager.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent customer service, problem-solving, trouble shooting and decision making skills.
- Strong computer skills, including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.
- Certified Treasury Professional (CTP) preferred.
- Treasura (Treasury Management System) experience preferred.
- Bank portal experience preferred.
We empower inclusion
At Symetra, we’re building a place where every employee feels valued, respected, and has opportunities to contribute. Inclusion is about recognizing our assumptions, considering multiple perspectives, and removing barriers.
We accept and celebrate diverse experiences, identities, and perspectives, because lifting each other up fuels thought and builds a stronger, more innovative company. We invite you to learn more about our efforts here.
In a complex industry, we strive for clarity.
Symetra is a dynamic and growing financial services company with 60 years of experience and customers nationwide. In our daily work delivering retirement, employee benefits, and life insurance products, we’re guided by the principles of VALUE, TRANSPARENCY AND SUSTAINABILITY. That means we provide products and services people need at a competitive price, we communicate clearly and honestly so people understand what they’re getting, and we build products that stand the test of time. We work hard and do what’s right for our customers, communities, and employees. Join our team and share in our success as we work toward becoming the next national player in our industry.
For more information about our careers visit www.symetra.com/careers.
Employer work visa sponsorship and support are not provided for this role. Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States at hire and must maintain authorization to work in the United States throughout their employment with our company.