As a result of continued growth and expansion, Sedgwick is seeking Loss Control Consultants to work on an independent contractor basis. Information gathered from the survey/inspections process will be reported primarily in checklist and narrative formats and will be submitted via the internet. Primary responsibilities include inspecting properties such as apartment buildings, restaurants, child care facilities, manufacturing operations, contractors, and recreational facilities to evaluate physical conditions, safety practices and hazardous situations. You will be required to prepare written reports of findings and list recommendations for correction of unsafe conditions. The number of assignments may vary depending upon geographical location as well as individual contractor efficiency.
Ideal consultants should possess the following:
- Experience conducting insurance casualty/risk assessment surveys
- Thorough understanding of Workers’ Compensation, General Liability, Property and Auto Liability Coverage
- Understanding of construction classifications
- Home PC or Laptop with Microsoft Word, high-speed internet access, and digital camera for taking property photos
- Ability to observe business operations and evaluate management practices to determine if safety issues and hazards affecting insurance premium are adequately controlled
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to organize, manage, and travel within a geographic territory of assignments
- Strong sense of self-motivation and the ability to work independently from home and in the field
- Ability to successfully meet customer and company time service standards
- Ability to maintain product quality according to industries standards and specific client requirements
- Strong Organizational and Time Management skills
- Reliable transportation
Must have Loss Control/Safety Experience.